Saturday, May 21, 2011

Let the blogging begin.

After my Orlando flight getting delayed, flying to JFK with every single person who had previously been at Disney world, sprinting to my Paris flight and then sitting in the plane for an hour and a half before taking off, I finally made it to Paris.

Aerial View of the Beaches of Normandy
The difference between Europe and the U.S.

Bonjour Paris! (You can see the Eiffel Tower in the foggy distance if you squint)

I have an eight or so hour layover there before I fly to prague. One might think that thats plenty of time...until you've been to Charles de Gaulle. After I walked all over the airport at least five times, stopping at every single information desk and getting different directions, I've finally identified the gate that I think my flight will leave from. Because I'm so early, I can't check my bag yet, which means I got to carry it around on all those inter-airport journeys. In addition, you can't go into the bathroom with luggage, and you can't leave your luggage unattended. Meaning I couldn't go to the bathroom. I had big plans to brush my teeth/freshen up/etc, but was just continuously denied from the bathroom by a large metal pole.

Finally, I decided to venture into the handicap stall. I don't recommend that because apparently, it's not acceptable. The dirty French looks I got were more than memorable.
French Handicapped Bathroom

On a positive note, I think, many people have just started talking to me in French. I'm going to take that as a compliment and just think that it's because they think I'm french.

I had my first baguette of the summer, and it was delicious.

Currently, I'm looking forward To checking this bag, taking a nap and making it to Prague before the end of the world hits.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear sweet urban Marina, lots of the U.S. looks like that farmland picture from the air--or even better--wilderness :D

    Seriously though--how can they keep people from peeing for 8 hours? That makes no sense--let your relieved bladder endure those dirty looks with pride!

    Maggie misses you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah, well ive never seen the farmland like that there and thats what most of the aerial views look like but it doesnt really look like farms from the air lol and i miss maggie too!

    ReplyDelete